Thursday, March 27, 2014

For Chico!

Today's run was for Chico Q, one of the most generous dogs I've ever known. Chico has supported every fundraising campaign that I've been a part of and I'm still not sure how he earns the money, but he's not afraid to spend it. If you want to be like Chico, click here to donate! This year the money is going to create a campship for needy kids in Minnesota.

Chico's run was a modified run of one his favorite old walks, the 4K Chico's Feet route. I added a bit to make it a 3 miler.

This run surprised me quite a bit. Now that my training has picked up, finding novel routes in the short distances is getting harder. This run didn't really take me on any new roads, but it put old roads together in a new way. It was also interesting how quickly you can get to three miles with lots of twists and turns. I left school and quickly made a turn up a small hill and turned back toward school. Back to school and then away again, skirting the Malcha Marg neighborhood, Chico's favorite haunt.

Apart from raising money, training for the marathon and exploring Delhi, I have another mission. I'm addicted to coverage. I want to try to run on as many of the roads on Google Maps as I can. I've done well, run on most of the roads near my house and discovered that many roads on Google Maps aren't actually there.

With that in mind, I added a small bit to Chico's 4K to explore and add some coverage. Turns out, the road that I wanted to run on isn't actually there. Another road myth busted.

The run itself wasn't as terrible as I thought it would be. I usually skip my Thursday runs because I play soccer on Wednesday nights. That, combined with a sleep schedule-experimenting toddler and Thursday is usually a sleep-in day. But, due to Chico's generosity, I couldn't skip the run. It was an easy 3 miler and it was fairly quick. I wasn't tired due to the fact that the boy slept through the entire night! Fingers crossed for more Thursday runs.

This run belongs to Chico! Thanks for helping out!

I'm dedicating runs to raise money for a campship in memory of my friend Ty Taylor at YMCA Camp Miller. Click here or here to donate. Please make sure you choose the Ty Taylor Campship option. And please let me know if you've made a donation so I can thank you!

RUN STATS:
Distance - 3.03 miles
Time - 23:07
Soundtrack - A wicked J-Dilla mixtape!  Smell the Da.I.S.Y: The De La Soul Mixtape! Sw-weet! Download it now before it disappears.




No comments:

Post a Comment