Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Pour Lucie!

This run is for ma cher ami Lucie! Lucie is my colleague in the World Languages department and she ponied up for a donation to my fund raising cause. Like many of us, Lucie has lost loved ones and she jumped at the chance to honor Ty's memory in the form of a continuous campship in his name. Merci beaucoup, Lucie. If you'd like to help like Lucie did, please donate here.

Time was running out for dedicated runs in Delhi when Lucie's run came up. It was the second to last Delhi run for the school year!

The gang was back together for this run and when Keir arrived, we left it up to him to choose the route as a departing gift for the core of the running group. He wanted the Ridge, but Bernie and I quickly vetoed. I was wearing a pair of never-worn before shoes and Bernie didn't have his "Ridge" shoes on either. Oh well Keir, we still love you. (ps. It was also a ploy to get him out for another run the following day). Glad I was not running with the Hash House Harriers (they would have forced me to drink from my new shoes), we tried to think of an alternative.

Bernie suggested a route that passed the Gandhi Salt March Statue, which seemed like a fitting farewell for Keir and we were off.

Hot. Delhi is hot in May. That was the thought in my mind for the majority of the run. I've clocked hundreds of miles, but it's easy in May in Delhi to feel like you're getting weaker instead of stronger. I take water with me on all of my runs now, I struggle to keep up, and I eagerly anticipate the end of the run. My knee is still not perfect, so I can't even find inspiration in the competitive courses. I'm definitely not breaking myself trying to steal back the record on the Last Gasp course. Save yourselves!

Nothing major happened on this run. No real wildlife to speak of, no monkey attacks. Which is a good thing. My thoughts on the run were drifting to running in the US, where a run at just about any time of the day is doable. I can't wait!


This run belongs to Lucie!

I'm dedicating runs to raise money for a campship in memory of our friend Ty Taylor at YMCA Camp Miller. Click here or here to donate. Please make sure you choose the Ty Taylor Campship option. And please let me know if you've made a donation so I can thank you!


RUN STATS:
Distance - 5.03 miles
Time - 38:42
Soundtrack - Maybe - Metric, Old World Underground Where Are You Now? again? I haven't updated the music on my phone in a while and I can't remember what I played.



No comments:

Post a Comment