Monday, May 19, 2014

For My Colleagues!

Wow! The people I work with are incredible. I mean, really incredible.

In the title of the post, I call them my colleagues, but really at International Schools, the people we work with are much more than that. They are friends, support systems and chosen family. Life can be tough being away from "home," but the special people I work with make it much easier.

Yesterday I put out a request for donations to my staff and I was pleased to see two donations waiting for me when I woke up. As always, it was a motivation to run this morning.

During school today, another donation made its way to my desk. I immediately went to offer my thanks and yet another person was able to hear my story about the difference Camp Miller and Ty Taylor made in my life.

Feeling gratified, I started to think about how to honor these three donors. One dedicated run for all of them? One for each?

Ten minutes ago, I sat down at my computer and started scrolling backwards through my messages. I was amazed to see another donation. Then another and another and yet another!

That makes seven donations in one day! Every penny earned is another step toward creating an enduring campship in the honor of my friend, and I truly believe that every donation big or small deserves a giant celebration. The kicker? These six donations have brought an extra $430! That's equal to almost 40% of what I've earned so far. I'm starting to believe that $7000 is possible!

The generosity of my friends is truly humbling. It's comforting to know that their kindness will be paid back many times over when future counselors are able to teach needy campers the joy and wonder of Camp.

See the joy and wonder on my face?


ps. There is no way that I could possibly lump all of these donations into one dedicated run. They will all get dedicated runs. Seems there are lots of extra miles in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment