Thursday, June 6, 2013

Minnesota Nice

I'm trying my hardest.

To keep up with my running. To keep up with my blogging. To wave to everyone I see and say "Oh for cute," when something is cute. You know, Minnesota Nice.

The latter is working much better than the former. I've been home for a week and I've only run twice. Today's run is probably dedicated to someone, but to be honest I'm not sure who has donated lately.

SO... why not go to my fundraising site and donate now? I'm almost caught up on my entries, so you'll get a good dedicated run that's bound to be interesting and helpful.

Today's run was an attempt to get back on the running program and add some distance. I chose the Shiver Me Timbers 7 Miler. It's a run that I created last year for my medium distance training runs. Timbers is a bar just down the highway from the house that's across the street from a Park 'N Ride, so I can leave the car, loop a run and drive back home. In fact, I'm sitting in Timbers as I write this in an effort to catch up on my internet use.

The route is a simple "square" that starts at Timbers, runs along three quiet county highways with a final leg along a busy 4 lane highway. It's peaceful and flat. Along the route, I only came across four or five cars and they all pulled into the opposite lane to give me as wide a berth as possible. Quite a contrast from my Delhi runs where I've been hit by side mirrors, bicycles and pedestrians. Other contrasts include crossing rivers instead of the Ring Road, seeing a deer and wild turkeys instead of monkeys and peacocks and deep breathing clean, clear air!

It was a good run and it was nice to get some distance in the books. I'm still gunning for 1000 miles this year, so each run counts!

RUN STATS

Distance - 7 miles
Time - 54:07
Soundtrack - DJ Chris Read, The Diary


No comments:

Post a Comment